I will not hesitate to tell you why strategic and intentional Brand Photography is so transformative for your business!
Intentional Brand photography…
- lends credibility to your claims with the high-quality images
- speaks directly to your target audience encourages them to purchase
- can help discourage bad-fit clients from engaging with your brand or purchasing
- simplifies content creation because you always have the photos you need
- saves you hours scouring stock photo libraries for images with the right vibe
- makes the features and benefits of your service/product clear and reinforces your messaging to make purchasing from you an easy decision
This all sounds amazing!
But…are you ready for this step?
Because here’s the thing.
Brand photography – the good kind, that is – is really expensive.
As it should be! I could go on a whole separate rant about paying artists well, but…that’s not what we’re doing here right now.
A Brand Session isn’t about just getting cute photos of you.
Honestly, it’s not even about you!
It’s about your clients.
With a brand photography session, you’re getting a heaping dose of brand identity, strategy, and marketing all rolled into one beautiful package.
Now, if you just want some cute photos of you, hire a portrait photographer! A lot of portrait photographers these days are offering “Lifestyle Brand Sessions,” which just mean more casual and environmental headshots, and that might be a better fit for your needs and your budget.
For a lot of business owners in varying stages of their business, that’s more than enough!
If you want more, a Branding Session with a Brand Photographer might be a better fit.
Brand sessions (like those with me *cough cough*) involve:
- clarity on who your audience is and what they need
- brand identity & values exploration
- personal mindset work
- multiple strategy calls
- light prep homework & approvals
This means that, while I do nearly all of the heavy lifting, you’re an equal participant. We work together to make the session what it is.
This is MAGICAL for you if you
- want to co-create the session of their dreams
- are invested in brand clarity and speaking directly to (and only to) their ideal clients
- are willing to go deeper than surface level
- have time to devote to photoshoot prep and are excited to do so
- are ready for a new level of visibility in their business
- know what their goals and plans are for their business
This might be too expensive and not as helpful for you if you
- are hesitant to trust another professional to tackle this kind of work for you
- don’t want to do introspection or ask yourself deep questions
- aren’t clear on what you sell and what makes you different
- don’t know who your target audience is
- want to make everyone happy
- are having incredible success with the old, stock, or iPhone photos you’re already using
And LISTEN!! There is no judgement on either side.
Honestly, until last year, I was in that 2nd group.
- I didn’t know my USP
- I didn’t know what I was good at
- I didn’t want to dig deep because I was a lil scared of what I’d find
- I didn’t trust anyone else to execute my vision
I ran my business from that place for 8+ years and did just fine for myself!
I took my own photos, I posted a lot of cute pictures of my face, I was marketing to anyone and everyone, and I was getting clients and making money! It was great!
If that’s you, awesome! You’re amazing! Keep doing the thing!!
Don’t feel like you NEED to spend $3k+ because you feel like you should.
If you’re not ready for it, spending that money will not help you. And you’d end up in a place where you’re out $3k and you’re not getting anything in return. That sucks! I don’t want that for you.
Your best bet would be to find a portrait photographer that does personal branding shoots or lifestyle sessions and get some beautiful photos that meet you where you are now.
If that system isn’t working for you anymore, maybe it’s time to make a change.
Maybe you don’t need another cute photo of your gripping a coffee mug or tapping on your laptop.
Maybe you have offers that are underselling because people don’t see why they need you.
Maybe you keep attracting clients that aren’t a good fit and you’re ready for clients that just get it.
THAT is when it’s time to hire a brand photographer for a true, strategic, and intentional brand session.
So tell me…which category do you fall into?
Are YOU ready for a brand photography session?